1. Sri Narad uvaca, indradi deva vrndesa tatesvara jagat pate, mahavisnor nrsimhasya kavacam bruhi me prabho yasya prapathanad vidvan trilokya vijayi bhavet
"Sri Narad Muni said: my dear father and lord, master of the Universe, lord of the multitude of demigods headed by Indra, kindly tell me the kavaca mantra of Lord Nrsimha, the incarnation of Visnu. O master, reading this kavaca aloud, a learned man will become victorious throughout the three worlds."
2. sri brahmovaca, srnu narada vaksyami putra srestha tapodhana kavacam narasimhasya trailokya vijayabhidam
"Lord Brahma said: My dear Narad, please hear me. O best of my sons, who are rich in austerity, I shall speak this kavaca of Lord Narasimha, which gives victory over the three worlds."
3. yasya prapathanad vagmi trailokya vijayi bhavet srastham jagatam vatsa pathanad dharanad yatah
"My dear boy, by recitation of this kavaca an eloquent person will become victorious throughout the three worlds. It is by reciting this and meditating deeply on it that I (lord Brahma) am the creator of all these planetary systems."
4. laksmir jagat trayam pati samharta ca mahesvarah pathanad dharanad deva babhuvus ca digisvarah
"It is by reciting and meditating upon this that Laksmi maintains the three worlds, and Lord Siva destroys them. Also the demigods in this way became controllers of the different directions."
5. brahma mantra myam vaksye bhutadi vinivarakam yasya prasadad durvasas trailokya vijayi munih pathanad dharanad yasya sasta ca krodha bhairavah
"I shall speak this essence of all Vedic mantras, which wards off all kinds of ghosts and hobgoblins. By its grace the sage Durvasa became victorious throughout the three worlds, commanding respect and most fearful in his anger."
6. trailokya vijayasyasa kavacasya prajapatih rsis chandas ca gayatri nrsimho devata vibhuh
"For this kavaca, which is directly perceived as giving victory over the three worlds, I (Brahma) am the Rsi, Gayatri is the metre, and the all powerful Nrsimhadev is the Deity."
7+ 8 ksraum bijam me sirah pati candra varno maha manuh "ugram viram maha visnum jvalantam sarvatomukham nrsimham bhisanam bhadram mrtyu mrtyum namamy aham" dva trimsad aksaro mantro mantra rajah sura drumah
"One should place Lord Nrsimha's mantra bija, ksraum, on one's head, thinking, 'May my head be protected by the moon colored one, who is the greatest among humans. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one, who's faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, (or who can overcome death).' One should place this mantra, composed of thirty two syllables, upon his head. It is the king of all mantras. It is like a wish fulfilling tree for the demigods and devotees."
9. kantham patu dhruvam ksraum hrd bhagavate caksusi mama narasimhaya ca jvala maline patu mastakam
"One should also place ksraum firmly upon his neck for protection. Placing the word bhagavate upon his heart, narasimhaya upon his two eyes, and jvala maline on the top of his head, one meditates upon the different parts of this narasimha mantra protecting the different parts of his body."
10. dipta damstraya ca tatha agni netraya ca nasikam sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya ca
"One should place on his nose the syllables dipta damstraya agni netraya sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya. (Obeisances unto Him, whose teeth are blazing, whose eyes are fire, and who destroys all ghosts and raksasas.)"
11. sarva jvara vinasaya daha daha paca dvayam raksa raksa sarva mantra svaha patu mukham mama
"Meditating on the protection of one's face, one should place there the syllables sarva jvara vinasaya daha daha paca paca raksa raksa. ksraum ugram viram maha visnum jvalanatam sarvatomukham nrsimham bhisanam bhadram mrtyu mrtyum namamy aham. ksraum bhagavate narasimhya jvalamaline dipta damstrayagni netraya sarva rakso ghnaya sarva bhuta vinasanaya svaha.(Unto He who vanquishes all fevers, oblations. Burn and burn, cook and cook, protect protect. My obeisances unto the ferocious and powerful, the great Visnu, the fiery one whose faces are on all sides, the fearful one, Nrsimha, who causes the death of even death personified, or who can overcome even death. Unto the Personality of Godhead Narasimha, garlanded with blazing energy, whose teeth are glowing and whose eyes are fiery, who kills all raksasas and demons and annihilates the ghosts, to You my oblations)"
12. taradi ramacandraya namah payad gudam mama klim payat pani yugmam ca taram namah padam tatah narayanaya parsvam ca am hrim kraum ksraum ca hum phat
"Meditating on the protection of one's rectum, one should first sip water for purification and chant om Ramacandra namah. Sipping water again one should place the bija mantra klim on both of his hands together. Thereafter one should place om namah on his feet and narayanaya on his side, as well as the bija mantras am hrim kraum ksraum hum phat."
13. varaksarah katim patu om namah bhagavate padam vasudevaya ca prstham klim krsnaya uru dvaram
"Praying for the protection of one's waist, one should place there the varaksara Om. One should place the syllables om namo bhagavate upon his feet, vasudevaya on his back, and klim krsnaya upon his two thighs."
14. klim krsnaya sada patu januni ca manuttamah klim glaum klim syamalangaya namah payat pada dvaram
"Upon his knees, one should place the mantra klim krsnaya, thinking that the Lord may always protect me in His form as the best of human beings. Then one should sip water for purification and place the mantra klim glaum klim syamalangaya namah upon his feet."
15. ksraum narasimhaya ksraum ca sarvangam me sadavatu
"One should meditate upon the constant protection of the body, placing the mantra ksraum narasimhaya ksraum upon all his limbs."
16. iti te kathitam vatsa sarva mantraugha vigraham tava snehan myakhyatam pravaktavyam na kasyacit
"Lord Brahma continued: My dear boy, thus I have told you the embodiment of the potencies of all mantras. Because of your great affection I have explained it to you, although it is not to be spoken to just anyone."
17. guru pujam vidhayatha grhniyat kavacam tatah sarva punya yuto bhutva sarva siddhi yuto bhavet
"Having performed worship of the spiritual master, one may accept this kavaca. Having become enriched in his pious activities he will attain all perfections."
18. satam astottaram caiva purascarya vidhih smrtah havanadin dasamsena krtva sadhaka sattamah
"Performing the ritualistic ceremonies of purification (purascarya) one hundred and eight times is equal to one tenth the effect received by that best of devotees who chants this kavaca."
19. tatas tu siddha kavacah punyatma madanopaman sparddham uddhuya bhavane laksmir vani vaset tatah
"Laksmi, the Goddess of fortune, and Sarasvati, the Goddess of speech and learning, reside in the home of that fortunate soul who has become perfected by this kavaca, giving up the intoxication of competing with others for supremacy."
20. puspanjalyastakam dattva mulenaiva pathet sakrt api varsa sahasranam pujayah phalam apnuyat
"Simply offering eight times puspajali and reading only once the original version, one attains the result of even a thousand years of worship."
21. bhurje vilkhya gutikam svarnastham dharayed yadi kanthe va daksine bahau narasimho bhavet svayam
"If one write this down on a leaf or bark of a tree and keeps it within a golden capsule on his neck or right arm, Lord Nrsimhadev will be personally present."
posted by lakshmi narsimhan @ Permanent Link,
About Social Networking".
Links to this post:
Chennai India Twitter
About My work
I head Internet Marketing team for a Multinational Company in Chennai. I write this blog, to engage users who are inclined towards Worshiping God, Travel, Exploring cultures, likes tasty food and just have fun with their kids losing a stressful day.